Thursday, October 05, 2006

I'm an aunt!!!!!

I'M AN AUNT!!!!!!!!!!!! After a crazy process, baby Alex was born at 2:22 Wednesday!!! I got to be in there with her and video. It was one of the greatest experiences of my life!! I knew completely what was going on after doing it 4 times myself, but it was so different not being the one on the table (HA HA). I cried and cried! Poor Kasey was lucky but not so lucky at the same time. Her dr won't allow epidurals until they're 5cm. From 5am when they arrived (2cm) until 1pm, they kept telling her that she wasn't technically in labor yet. At 1pm I got the nurse to check her - 5cm! Then they said she could have her epidural but not before a bag of iv fluids got in her system (they hadn't even started her IV yet because they were calling her outpatient!!!!) AND he broke her water at the same time of course intensifying already unbearable contractions. After 45 minutes of waiting for the IV bag to finish, the nurse came in and said the anesthesiologist was in surgery and she would be ok waiting a bit. Kasey started getting sick and she checked her again and said, "Wow you are 8cm." Kasey LOST IT! She was so upset that they had ignored her all day and kept saying she wasn't in true labor yet and made her miss out on an epidural. She was so desperate and sad it made us all SO mad and I was crying for her. They let her have one anyway and of course as soon as it was in (but before it took effect) she was 10 and having to push. He was born in just like 10 minutes. He was 6lb 3oz, 18 3/4 in long and the LOUDEST cry I've ever heard! HA HA He has a Steven Tyler mouth. lol He is SOOOO cute I cannot stand it. I took at least 100 pictures just in the 20 minutes after he was born.


No comments: