Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Kemry is 6 weeks old today and I'm really down this morning. I know we have a long way to go and lots of waiting ahead of us, but I really need a boost. I really want new pictures or a medical update or something. I have no idea what she even looks like now. I know she looks nothing like the pictures we have because newborns change so much in that first month. I dream constantly about what she could look like now. I know our agency is wonderful and will get it to us as they get it, but I just really need to hear something positive today. Yesterday was 4 weeks since we accepted her referral. It hasn't been too bad until today. :(

4 comments:

Guatamama said...

Sending you great big hugs. I know long distance hugs probably don't help much ... heck, I bet real hugs don't even help too much when you're waiting for those updates. I'm thinking about you and I miss chatting you with you through all those pm's! Life's been so crazy that the only time I have to really sit down and use the computer is now (2am) when I'm waiting to see if Ben will come online or call ... and by now I'm exhausted!

Hold on girl, we'll all make it through this God willing. I just know that pretty soon you'll be posting fabulous pics of that little girl during a visit!!

Amy

Ashley said...

Honestly, this is normal. We were officially referred 8/28 DNA was 9/22 (we did not know at the time) and right around DNA is when my anxiety set in.

BUT - Looking back, it seems like the days have BLOWN on by!!! Before I know it it is always the end of the week.. which is another week down, and a week closer to the time baby comes home.

Hope you feel better soon. Maybe get out of the house for a few hours. That always calms me down.

Carrie said...

I hope you get an update soon! Waiting is so hard.

The McKenzie Crew said...

Waiting stinks! Hang in there Mom- they really do send pics after a while - it just seems like forever!

Julia