Wednesday, September 05, 2007

SHOUTfest


On Sunday we went to SHOUTfest! WHAT A BLAST! It was an all day Christian concert with an illusionist, inflatables, and lots of good music. The headliner was Jeremy Camp. I cannot even tell you all how awesome he was in person! I have always loved his music, but in person...WOW! If you can possibly get to see him, DO IT! He's AWESOME!

It was SO HOT, but we had a blast anyway. Here is the best shot I could get of all 5 of my kiddos in pure heat and humidity. LOL


Kemry drank the juice and water down (that's funnel cake sugar all over her tray...YUM)! Let me tell you, this girl is a rocker girl at heart! The harder the music was that day, the harder she danced!!! Add pyro and she was laughing and dancing like a crazy girl! :)

The princess doesn't do heat very well. ;)
One of the opening bands was playing frisbee behind where we were sitting (it's such a cool thing because all the bands just hang out and act like real people when they aren't on stage...this was one of the REALLY little bands though lol). Anyway, these 3 guys came over and went crazy over Kemry. I thought...ohhh kemry what power you have. ;) Maybe she could get Jeremy Camp's attention for us? ;)


The kids loved the inflatables. This is totally out of Kollin's nature. LOL He likes to be on solid ground and all times (smart boy lol). He tried this though and loved it.

Karly made a night out of it. This is TOTALLY her nature. lol Keep her feet OFF solid ground is her motto.
Here they are beating the crap out of each other. lol We need one of these at our house to take our frustrations out safely. ;) To Kollin's defense, this was the only time Karly got him off. He got her off the next 2 times (thank goodness...his masculinity was challenged a bit here).
Karaline and Karson coming down the slide.

Inflatable obstacle course (Tara THIS is what you need at YOUR house)
There were some other really good bands there too. Decyfer Down and Storyside B were probably my favorites of the opening bands.


Ok back to Jeremy Camp....seriously his concert was amazing!!! I took Karly into the mashpit and she was so much fun!!! She's a natural in there I tell ya. ;) She kept pulling us closer until we were just a couple people away from the stage. Google his concert dates and if he comes close to you guys, GO GO GO! He's coming back in November and we're going to see him again (for Karly of course ;)).


He is a HUGE advocate for Compassion International, which is an awesome organization. The amount of people signing up to sponsor a child after his testimony was UNREAL! HUNDREDS! I cried just seeing the amazing outpouring of love for some of God's most precious children.


This is a horrible video but this is what I took with my cell from our seats. The 2nd one is what I took from closer to the stage. BAD quality I know.
First song on stage

Closer to the stage (and one of my favorite songs)




It was a big day on Sunday because it was also my dad's birthday!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAPPAW!


Kemry and Alex on Pappaw's lap


Nanny and Karaline



Alex thinks Uncle John hung the moon

10 comments:

Home sweet home said...

How Fun !! I love Jeremy Camp ..... I will have to try to catch a concert of his !!!

Ruthanne said...

It looks like you guys had a blast. I'm so glad you posted. I was starting to go into CashCrew withdrawal.

Kristen and the Gang said...

I AM WITH RUTHANNE...WHERE THE HECK HAVE YOU BEEN??? I NEED MY CASH FIX!!!
IT SEEMS LIKE YOU GUYS BRING THE FUN WHERE EVER YOU GO! I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF JEREMY CAMP BUT I DEFINITELY HAVE TO GO LISTEN TO SOME OF HIS MUSIC NOW...LOL!
I HAVE TO SAY.....YOU HAVE SOME OF THE CUTEST KIDS I HAVE EVER SEEN AND THEY ARE EQUALLY AS NICE AND SWEET! WE ARE SO BLESSED TO HAVE GOTTEN TO ALL OF YOU! MUAH!!!
p.s. GO KOLLIN CO!!!!

Diana said...

Quite the fun weekend the family had huh?!??!?!?! Kelly you should already know anywhere you go with your kids they are going to attract people because they are beautiful! And Kemry with those pigtails...I can't even start to discuss how adorable she is because I might never stop! LOL ttyl :-)

Tara said...

You guys ARE the party! It looks like you all had a blast, including your climbers, bull riders, mosh-pitters and funnel cake eaters! There is no better way that FUN!

The McKenzie Crew said...

looks like you guys had a blast:)

Our Family of 5 said...

Looks like fun! Minus the heat =) The kids get cuter everytime I see new pics of them!

Kate said...

What a fun day!! I looks like you all had a BLAST!! Love all the pictures! I would love to see Kemry dance!!

MoonNStarMommy said...

Heehee....how awesome!!! I am glad to see Kollin growing out of his element a little...Karly has always been a dare devil.... looks like you all had a blast

John said...

WHAT A BLAST! Good ole hard christian rock and inflatables. What more could you ask for (besides air conditioning)? Kemry's going to be one hard little rocker chick. She danced almost as hard as she did in the Mexican restaurant. Kollin and I have some work to do in jousting, but I have to say, Karly could probably knock ME off. And Karson, they had to send out a search party everytime he got on the obstacle course because he kept getting lost, but that didn't stop him. Luckily Karaline was there to show him the way. Way to go little dude!