Tuesday, October 02, 2007

1 year anniversary

One year ago today....
We got the most wonderful call from our adoption agency. They said they had a 13 day old baby girl in need of a family and asked if we would like to accept her. She weigned 5lb11oz and was in a wonderful foster home (which we would later understand at more depth how wonderful they truly were).
Twenty minutes later I got this picture in my email along with some others in my email box. I was in love!

Here was our first update picture of Kemry. I couldn't believe she was my daughter. She was wearing a little shirt we had sent down for her and it suddenly felt so REAL! This baby was OURS!
Our 2nd update pictures....
At Christmas we made the trip to Guatemala to visit our sweet baby. We got to spend 4 days with her and fell so deeply in love I knew my heart would never be the same until she was able to come home.
This was our first update picture after our visit trip and my heart ached so bad for my baby. This was the first update we received once we "knew" her - her sighs, her cries, her sweet smell, the softness of her skin..
Here was our next update and she seemed so big all of a sudden..I was really aching for my baby

This was our last update before we picked her up (we were out of PGN and waiting for the embassy appointment). She looked so unhappy and sick in his picture and it took all I had to keep from flying to Guatemala that day and waiting out the rest of the process.
FINALLY Kemry was our daughter! :) Here are a few from our pick up trip...
And below are pictures since she has been home. She is such a joy for our family. We are so humbled God wanted us to be her family.


This is one of my favorites from yesterday...look at that belly


Here she is a year later trying to walk like a big girl!

19 comments:

Kate said...

Oh Kelly, what a great post!! She has changed so much and what a wonderful family she has!! LOVE the pictures!

Natalie said...

Kelly,

What a beautiful post! The anniversary of our referral is coming up next week, too. Give Kemry a hug from her pick up buddy Arianna :-)

Natalie

Kristy said...

Kemry is so adorable! It is such an awesome and overwhelming feeling, isn't it?? And to think our Heavenly Father loves us so much more!! A child is such a precious gift!!!

It looks like we're coming to Guatoberfest Saturday (around lunch)!!! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!!!! :)

Hope you're enjoying the beautiful weather!!!
Kristy (www.babyhomepages.net/kristykeith)

Sarah said...

That day will be etched in our memory forever, won't it? Thanks for sharing it and documenting it with all those wonderful pictures!!

Looking forward to seeing you and meeting Miss Kemry in person!

Sarah and Sophie~Bug

Kathy said...

Happy Anniversary! Kemry is a beautiful little girl. I think the moment of referral will always be in our minds.

Baby John's Crib said...

Happy Anniversary Kemry! Love the post!!!

Steve & Amy said...

What a difference a year makes!!! A year ago you were embarking on a journey that would bring you such highs and lows. The the emotional roller coaster is finally over...and what a ride it has been! Happy "I got the call day":) Kemry is so adorable and we can't wait to see what adventures await you all. Praising God for your little Guatemalan blessing.

Kerry said...

I remember the day you posted about her referral. I remember those pictures from the forum!

It's amazing what God can do in a year, isn't it?

Can't wait to see you in THREE DAYS!!!

Tara said...

Wow! A year! And what a long road it has been. All I can say is wow. It seems like yesterday. She is as beautiful as ever. I am so happy for you!!!!

Our Family of Seven said...

What a beautiful tribute to your daughter, Kelly. The pics are also precious as is her sweet face.

Ashley said...

It's amazing how quickly she has grown.. :)

Our Family of 5 said...

Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary. Kemry gets prettier every time I see new pictures of her. I love the last picture of her trying to walk. She looks so cute in her pants and little hoodie!

Kerri said...

Congratulations! What a milestone.
Kerri and Ruby

Tam said...

Wow! I can't get over that it's been a whole year!

JoAnn said...

Kelly, I can't believe it has been a year already. We received our referrals 1 day apart- I remember how we all were DYING for our updates. I LOVED being able to share in your process Kelly- it has been so nice going through it with someone so supportive and understanding and who what feeling the same emotions at the same time. Kemry has grown so much in this past year and looks as happy as ever! We love you guys Kelly and Kemry. What a great journey and the best of happy endings ;)
~Allyson and JoAnn.

GuateMom said...

So neat to look back how our kids change. It goes by too quickly, doesn't it. Miss Kemry is an absolute doll.

Susan

The McKenzie Crew said...

So blessed to have met you and your sweet girls!


Julia:)

Salome's Mom said...

You have the cutest children. Your Guatemalan angel is to die for!!! Beautiful post.

Ruthanne said...

Every one of those pictures brought back a memory of seeing them the first time you posted them. What a year it's been!!!!