Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thanksgiving

It feels like I'm forever saying better late than never, but here I'm saying it again. A week late, I'm finally posting about our Thanksgiving. Life has been crazy around here, as usual, but a tad bit more than usual. Indoor soccer season for Kollin and Karaline have started, ballet rehearsals are in full gear (the ballet is in Jan! AHH), Karly is in the school's production of The Nutcracker next week (she's a sugar plum fairy), Kollin's band concert is next week, Karly's chorus will be performing at 5 different events and concerts within the next 3 weeks...ahhhhh! Oh and the biggie is my husband put his resume back "out there" and is getting 2 and 3 interviews a week which he has to schedule around work and several have been out of town which means I'm all on my own! lol


Ok back to our Thanksgiving! :) It was great! It was a very informal get together with both our families and just perfect. We didn't have to put our shoes on and we ate off Chinette...who could ask for more? :) I think we ended up with 19, but we were missing a couple. We had over 40lb of meat. We cooked a 19lb turkey, my MIL brought a 14lb turkey, and my mom brought a 10lb ham. Needless to say we ate until we were sick and still had leftovers!

Aunt Kasey you are SO cool! How do you do that?

Karaline looooves ham!

Karly's giving me the "tastes good" sign for the eggs even though I didn't make them. lol

My FIL rarely gets in the pictures because he's like me and always behind the camera.

Alex chowing down in the corner.
PLATES? We don't need no stinking plates.What? All of this is just EXTRA?
My mom, my sister Kayla, my sister Kasey, my soon to be SIL Ashley and Kemry right in the middle. Oh and that cute little grey head way back there is my daddy. :)

We have a tablecloth tradition we started a few years ago. Each year we each write what we're most thankful for that year and we trace the younger kids' hands that cannot write yet. This was Kemry's first year getting to participate even though she was mentioned a lot on other people's lists last year. We have so much fun reading it and comparing. It really makes us remember how far we've come each year.

Alex getting to do his handprint after Kemry. His hand had tripled since last year. Kayla making history....ha ha
Awwwwwwww how cute are our little guys?? It's so funny to watch them together. Where there's one there's both of them at all times.

My baby brother Kellon with Kemry. He was 8 when John and I started dating. Now he's getting married in 3 weeks.
Kemry and her pappaw...what a pair!

My baby brother and John...Kellon won't stop talking long enough to get his picture taken. LOL My MIL brought wooden crafts for the kids to make. She is setting it up with my BIL Logan and his fiance Jessica. (Oh and Logan was 6 when John and I started dating.....I feel SO old.)
Knee deep in paint and creativity.
Karly and my MIL

Someone let Bentley out and he ran straight for Kellon.
There's never peace when your nephew is only 8 years younger than you are. Here is my baby sister, Kayla. Poor thing she's too old to get them back but young enough to be considered one of the kids by all the kids. She gets a lot of roughing up.


Karly can't allow Kollin get more points than her. Poooor Kayla. It's called payback for what she put her older brother and sisters through. :)

10 comments:

Kristen and the Gang said...

Happy Belated Thanksgiving, Cashs'!!!! It looks like you have such an awesome family!!! I bet Christmas is a hoot!!!

Kerri said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Love the table cloth tradition.
Kerri and Ruby

Our Family of 5 said...

Looks like it was fun had by all. Love all the K names..LOL

Our Family of 5 said...

Looks like it was fun had by all. Love all the K names..LOL

Becca said...

What a fun day! And it is obvious that you are a very close family filled with fun and love. Very lucky...

Kate said...

It looks like you had a great Thanksgiving! I love all the pictures ! What a blessing to have such a beautiful family:)

Steve & Amy said...

Wow! Look at all of that food! Looks like the Cash Crew had a wonderful turkey day! The pictures are great! We have some much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving! Happy belated Turkey Day:)

JoAnn said...

Kelly, Happy belated Thanksgiving! I love the tablecloth idea, that's genius! Great pictures- I am amazed at how "grown" Kollin is looking by each photo you post. Kemry and Alec look like two peas in a pod-very precious.

Ruthanne said...

Ok---I've seen how long that countertop is in real life---that's a LOT of food. lol
It looks like you had a GREAT time. I love the tablecloth idea.
Kemry and Alex are too precious together.
What a wonderful family you have!!!

Tara said...

Those are awesome pics, Kelly! It looks like you guys had a fab spread :) You're a step ahead of me because at least you posted yours! lol.