Thursday, November 15, 2007

Karaline turns 8


Today is my sweet Karaline's birthday. I cannot believe she is 8 already! It just seems like yesterday she was in my tummy. Poor thing is also sick on her birthday today. I know why too. Two years ago in Kindergarten, Teacher Appreciation Day fell on her birthday so I signed up to be the "teacher" in her class while her teacher went for lunch and to be pampered. I thought that would be cool for her to have mommy in her class on her birthday for 3 hours. She got sick and missed school that day and I still had to go and spend 3 hours in her class on her birthday WITHOUT her. Well guess what today is? Teacher Appreciation Day at her school. Guess who thought, yet again, that signing up and spending 3 hrs with her in her class on her birthday would be cool???? LOL And guess who is home sick again today???? Bless her heart, she just cannot catch a break. She has serious allergies and asthma and it seems like the slightest elevation in pollen or the slightest cold gets the best of her. She is such a sweet thing though despite that. Karaline has such an amazing passion for things she feels are important (mostly animals, nature, wildlife). She is SO passionate about all her "causes" even if the current cause is about "needing" fudge at bedtime. LOL Karaline is a little replica of me as a child - the looks, the personality, her walk, her play, even her mannerisms are the same. It sometimes shocks me to see how much like me she is because it feels like I am looking at myself as a child. LOL It certainly makes it easier to get inside her little mind. :)


Oh and it's Bentley's birthday today too. LOL He is turning 2 years old. Karaline LOVES sharing her birthday with our dog. Last year she was turning 7 and he was turning 1 so it was a big deal that they were both the same age (Bentley in dog years). She told everyone she had a twin. LOL


Here are a few of my favorite pictures of Karaline from the last year or so...


HAPPY BIRTHDAY KARALINE & BENTLEY!!!!!!!!!


10 comments:

THE MERRILL FAMILY said...

Happy Birthday beautiful girl! Garrett and Elena are singing you the birthday song in CA.

JoAnn said...

Happy Birthday Karaline!!!!!! Great pictures of her Kelly, what a sweetie. I hope her birthday wishes all come true :)

Christina said...

Happy Birthday Karaline. Hope your feeling better soon.

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday pretty girl!

Kelly, I LOVE the pic of the kids on top- so nice!

Steve & Amy said...

Happy Birthday Karaline! Hope you get feeling better soon!

Kerri said...

Happy birthday Karaline and Bentley!
Kerri and Ruby

Our Family of 5 said...

Happy birthday Sweet Beautiful Karaline and Adorable Bentley!

Sarah said...

Awww... happy birthdat beautiful Karaline!!! I love it that you have your puppy to help you celebrate with you!

Sarah

Kristen and the Gang said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KARALINE!!!! And Bentley, too! (OMG I can't believe I am so late in posting this....sorry)!

Ruthanne said...

Happy Birthday, KARALINE!!!!! You're right, Kelly---she looks just like you--both of your girls do. They're beautiful, just like their mama. :)