Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas

Can I just catch up on my posting from the past couple of weeks in one blog post???? Life has been WILD here. First of all, some of you already know that my husband, John, has been in the middle of a big job switch. Come to find out my sweetie pie is very desired and he has been getting interviews left and right. Job switching is a full time job in itself plus he's still trying to maintain business at his current company in the meantime. We have gone out of town with him for a few of those. This week he has gotten to the end steps of 3 of those companies (and they're great companies), and he's expecting offers from all 3 of them at once! They're in Louisville, KY, Knoxville, TN, and Roanoke, VA. Anybody out there live in one of these places and can give me the inside scoop on living there??? If it were just about location I would say Knoxville because it's closer to "home", but it isn't just about that. We'll see what happens this week.


On top of all that craziness, Kollin and Karaline are both full swing in winter/indoor soccer. Their games are 2-3 times a week. The ballet is in Jan so Karly is working her fanny off with rehearsals. Also Karly's class did the nutcracker for her school and she is in the traveling chorus group and they have been singing everywhere. Did I mention Kollin is also playing drums in the band and they have a big performance tomorrow night? And of course my brother is getting married December 22 and most of my family is in the wedding. SOOOOOOOO my calendar is full and my wallet is empty these days. lol




Here are my guys putting up our Christmas decorations
The first of the many times we have had to say, "No no Kemry...that's a no touch" LOL

Karly adding her "baby's first christmas" ornament to the tree

Karson adding whatever craft he had just made or whatever toy he found on the floor to the tree...lol.

Kollin helping out WITHOUT a video game in his hands! WOOHOO :)

Karaline loves to decorate...she will be a Martha someday. :) John helps out willingly too as long as there's a tv with that on in the background (football). LOL
All done!
The whole den...Bentley (the dog) included The dining room
A few days later we hosted a wedding shower here at our house for my brother with our side of the family. Kemry got completely spoiled by all the great great aunts (these are some of the sweetest ladies in the WORLD...they all treat us like grandchildren and we consider them grandmothers!)


Kemry with Aunt Bobbi giving her one of those Kemry expressions LOL

Kemry with Aunt Mary getting doted on by Aunt Wanda too

She fit right in and mingled like a pro!

The happy couple

The newest member of our great big family! Chloe is our newest cousin. Isn't she soooooo sweet??? Kemry couldn't get enough of her.

As soon as everyone was gone Kemry took off her clothes, wrapped the christmas tree ribbon around her and played fashion show. LOL She's definitely happiest naked!

The next night was the Nutcracker performance! Karly was a Sugar Plum Fairy.
With her friend the candy flute

I was so proud of her for taking the time out of socializing backstage to go through her barre routine and stretch before the show WITHOUT anyone harping on her first! :)

My camera failed me once they were on stage, but here is my baby (far right)

Since this was a musical nutcracker, we had a choir which included all the kids in the production. Karly is right beside the taller palm tree

Here are pictures from one of our many chorus performances last week (and we have 3 more coming up this week).

Then Saturday my friends and I got together at Karen's beautiful home for our Christmas party. Dirty Santa was so much fun and I love the gift I got in the end. Thank you Erin for bringing such a pretty necklace!

13 comments:

Christina said...

We live right across the river from Louisville, KY in Indiana...feel free to ask away on any questions you may have. Candjcrawhorn at yahoo dot com.
The girls look beautiful all dressed for the Nutcracker.

Becca said...

I live 30 minutes away from Louisville. It is an awesome city. There is a nice Latin Family Group there, too!

Ruthanne said...

woo hoo!!! new pictures of the family!! I LOVE them! Karly looks beautiful in the Nutcracker. The pictures of your kids decorating the tree are wonderful---and Kemry decorating herself is just as cute!!

Steve & Amy said...

WOW! You HAVE been busy!!!!! Love the christmas tree. Karly looks so graceful! And that picture of Kemry with the ribbon.....SOOOOO cute! Praying that things calm down for you so you don't go CRAZY!!

Kristy said...

Love all of the pictures! I feel so overwhelmed with life this December and I only have three (and they are not involved in anything yet!). I honestly don't see how you do it...you must be "super mom"!! :) Hope you have a great Christmas! If you guys are like us, we get to rest some after Christmas day...it's all the parties and Christmas Plays before hand that stress us out! :) I'll pray for wisdom in the whole job situation. :)

Kerri said...

Sounds crazy there. Love all the pics though.
Kerri and Rub

THE MERRILL FAMILY said...

Whew! Talk about busy -- I'm winded just from reading your post LOL

So good to see your whole family, your beautiful family. As for your Christmas decorations -- you have a beautiful home too.

Best of luck with the new job offers and potential move. Moving to a new place can be daunting, but just focus on all the new opportunities it can present you with, not least of which is meeting all kinds of neat new folks! At least, that is how I try to stay sane every time the military tells us to pack up and move. Our family is thinking of you and praying for you.

Amy said...

Wow you have certainly been busy. I have been wondering when I would see a new post. The Christmas tree looks beautiful and your children are beautiful as always. Brayden is happiest naked as well...he likes to run around without a diaper as well which makes mommy nervous! LOL

JoAnn said...

Kelly, I can't believe I haven't replied to this yet~ Im sorry, I guess I thought (in my own mind LOL) Your tree looks beautiful as does your home. You are such a busy mom! IM tired just reading this post LOL. Karly is a beautiful dancer!!! Kemry is still as cute as a button- love the naky ribbon picture LOL too cute! Enjoy your December, I hope you have time to sit back and relax enjoying all your blessings (Or is that what January is for??LOL) BTW: If you enjoy frigid winters I know a great place for you to move.......;)

Kris and Mindy said...

WOW girl you HAVE been busy!!! What an exciting post though! So many things going on right now but they all seem wonderful:-) First of all...I hope that he gets wonderful offers and that you pick the one that is right for you guys! Next, I LOVE your tree and how beautiful your home is! I just can't wait to move someday into a the house I WANT to live in so I can decorate like that. So beautiful! The Nutcracker pics are amazing...what a sweet and precious memories!
Holiday Hugs!

Kate said...

WOW!! Lots going on at your house:) Keep me posted on John's new job!! I love all the pictures and I just adore your beautiful family!!

Letitia said...

Hi Kelly,
I saw your intro on nuestrosninos, and saw you had a blog, so I thought I'd stop by. We are technically in the Knox. group, but unfortunately, right now, we don't make it to many activities. We live about 50 min. away, and have 4 daughters~2 from Guatemala. I think some of that tempermate must be that Latin American blood!! : ) My 2 are quite ...ummm...vocal and passionate. Ah, passionate...that's a good word! Hope all goes well with your move, and you find a great place.
Letitia
www.homeschoolblogger.com/SandBetweenMyToes/

Guate4Jack said...

Hi! I found your blog through a friends blog. I grew up in Blacksburg, VA (home of the Hookies) which is real close to Roanoke, VA. It is beautiful there, very grean and lots of mountains. I'd move back if I could!

Best of luck with whatever you decide!

Becky and Jack
www.guate4jack.blogspot.com