Friday, December 28, 2007

FFF

Favorite Foto Friday
One year ago today, we were in Guatemala meeting Kemry for the first time. we got to spend 4 amazing days getting to know our precious angel, meeting new friends, and enjoying a wonderful country and culture that would change our hearts forever!

These are our favorite pictures taken at the Marriott in Guatemala City when Kemry was 3 months old. We would have to leave her after this and not see her again for 4 more months. Leaving her behind with no idea when we would get to return was one of the hardest things we have ever had to do.

Kemry always lit up when daddy talked to her!
This photo was taken in the Marriott lobby by our friend, Kristen! You can check her blog out by clicking on her link in my side bar labeled "Kristen & Bianca". She has a beautiful family and takes wonderful pictures! This was also the first time I saw Kemry's dimples. I was blubbering like a crazy person in front of our new friends. They probably thought I was loco!


10 comments:

Kerri said...

Goosebumps...
Kerri and Ruby

Our Family of 5 said...

Awww, a year already! That time sure does fly by and Miss Kemry gets more beautiful each day!

Sarah said...

I remember you posting all those pics on the forum and thinking that she took my breath away! What great memories of such a special time! Kemry is beautiful... then and now!

Bethany said...

Kemry is so cute! It's always neat to look back on pictures when they were so little. CUTE!!! Also, I love the Christmas chaos pics! I can't wait for our chaos next year with Caroline. :)

Laurie said...

What a BEAUTIFUL family! Looks like you guys had an awesome Christmas. Wishing you many blessings for 2008!

Becca said...

Those are wonderful. I'm glad you're all together now, forever!

Happy New Year!!

Kate said...

Kelly! I love all the posts!! I have been gone for a week and haven't been checking your blog:( I love all the pictures and it looks like you and your family had an amazing Christmas. I pray you have a wonderful new year!! HUGS!

JoAnn said...

Kelly, I can't believe it has been a year alrady since your visit trip! It seems like yesterday. She is such a beautiful baby- full of smiles and her eyes are breath-taking. Those are the thoughts that were going through my mind a year ago when you FINALLy came home from Guat and we got to see pictures of Kemry. That was such a huge visit- you actually helped me feel more confident about our visit trip 2 months later- Remember?? LOL I love remembering this time- it was stressful but it was magical. Great post!

Ruthanne said...

oh my gosh!! She's SO tiny!! I remember when you went to visit and I was GLUED to my computer waiting for news and pictures. You were the first 'real' person I knew who went to visit and I was totally living through you. Those pictures bring back so many memories.
LOVE the bracelet!!
oh, and tell John "el bano es occupado" LOL

GuateMom said...

I remember those pictures from a.com. I thought she was gorgeous then and she just keeps getting more gorgeous.

Susan