Monday, March 03, 2008

FUN weekend!

We had the greatest weekend! It started off Saturday morning when I got brave and got all my hair cut off! It's super short now but I really love it! I'll love it even more once I figure out how to consistently get it to look like I want it to. lol Then we went to a Guat adoptions get together. It was so neat to see all the beautiful children (and one beautiful teenager) from Guatemala and other countries. Saturday night we went to my inlaws house to celebrate my BILs birthday and we had family in from Alabama to see.
Kemry at the Guat get together

Karaline twirling
Of course my big girl wanted to climb UP the slide rather than come down
Kemry with a super CUTE friend
At my inlaws celebrating Logan's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOGAN!
Aunt Jean giving Kemry loves (you can also barely see my hair in the background)

My kiddos driving Uncle Bob insane lol

Sunday was my birthday and I was treated like a queen all day. It was wonderful. The kids all made me super sweet things that made me cry, including breakfast in bed and John catered to my every whim all day. I even got a small NAP! My family all came over to party, the weather was gorgeous and we all played outside, and did I mention John catered to my every whim? ;)
My sister, Kasey, and I
Kemry and Alex loved the cupcakes
Huh?
All cleaned up and cute as can be

One of the most fun things that happened this weekend (there were so many) was my blog got pimped! :) Jennisa from Once Upon A Blog gave me a blog makeover and I LOVE it! Check out her work....she has done so many fabulous blogs!

Today it's back to normal life and I miss my weekend. :) My house is a wreck and needs to be cleaned, John goes out of town this week, we have picture day at the schools, and I need to work on my diet. Being queen for a day was nice. LOL
OH I cannot forget the awesome surprise I got today! Tara and Ruthanne sent these to me today for my birthday!!!!!!! Aren't they BEAUTIFUL!?!?!?!?! THANK YOU SO MUCH GIRLS!!!!!!!!!

post signature

14 comments:

Tara said...

Happy Birthday Kelly! Your blog and hair look divine!! It sounds like you had a fab weekend :) Good for you!

Kristy said...

Happy Birthday! :) Glad you had a great weekend!!! We share the same birthday month...mine is in a couple of weeks! :)

And, I love the new look for your blog!! :)

Letitia said...

Looks like you all have been having so much fun. One of these days we'll make it to one of those adoption get togethers. They always seem to conflict with "can't change" events.

Letitia
www.homeschoolblogger.com/SandBetweenMyToes

Christina said...

Happy Belated Birthday Kelly. Love your new blog look and can't wait to see the new do.

Natalie said...

Hey Kelly! I love the new blog- so cute! Of course all the pics are adorable too!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Kelly!!! LOVE the new blog look, Jennisa does a wonderful job! I adore looking at your adorable kids!

Debbie said...

Hope you birthday was great, it sounds like it was!!! I love the new blog look!!!

When are you showing pictures of your haircut????

Debbie

Katie said...

LOVE your hair and all the other darling pictures !!

Debbie said...

After I sent that post, I went back and looked at the pictures again and duh.... there you were with your haircut!! I love it!!

Debbie

Kelly said...

LOL Debbie! You probably caught my blog before I added the hair pictures. I feel very goofy with pictures of me on there. lol

Ruthanne said...

LOVE your new blog!! LOVE your new hair!! LOVE you!!!
Happy Birthday Month!!!!

Jaime Salas said...

Your blog is adorable! You are so blessed.

Laurie said...

Looks like you have such a great time all the time! How exciting to have a Guat get-together!

samantha- mama to julian said...

happy birthday. looks like the get together was good fun for all.
your baby gets cuter every day, i swear...