Monday, May 26, 2008

climbers

GUESS WHAT?????
She already figured out how to get into the playfort. We were sitting on the deck and glanced over to see her standing in there....sent us into panic mode to get there before she fell out! If anyone has any advise on what we can do now, I'd love to hear it! :) If you look underneath the playfort at the ladder in the back where John is standing, you can see how high the first step is (it's up at John's thigh). She can still pull herself with her arms until her feet reach it.



I love this picture of the girls. Karly has those little tree pollen things in her hair and Kemry is SO FOCUSED on getting it out without looking.


Aren't they sweet?




We had family over for a cookout for John's birthday and the kids had a blast. I had bought them the 3-D sidewalk chalk and kids AND adults played with it most of the afternoon. lol It really is neat!





Here is my sister Kasey. I have been trying so hard to talk her into adopting a sibling group of 3 in the Philippines I saw on a photolisting and fell in love with. She would be the greatest mom to them!




John's birthday "punch bowl cake". Alex is helping him blow out his candle.


I was able to get some good SITTING STILL pictures of the older 3 kids while playing outside too.





Earlier that morning, Kollin was presented an award for high achievements in a regional math contest by our school board.
His black eye is finally starting to fade! Can you believe he just bumped his cheek with his knee and it caused that?


Karaline at her last day of school riding the babies on the sea saw with Kemry.



Believe it or not, Kemry got up there and changed her mind! Usually she's flying to the top of whatever she's on! LOL Alex wanted her out of his way!
She LOVES the sea saw



Alex and Karaline going down the slide....love their faces Karaline swinging Kemry in the swing...she's such a good big sister.
Daddy and Kemry acting silly!
Who would think a broken tree branch would create hours of fun for our kids????



Bentley begging for his ball to be thrown...Even though he's in MAJOR need of a bath here, I thought it was a cute picture!

~~~~~~~

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post signature

19 comments:

Kerri said...

What great pics!
Kerri and Ruby

Kris and Mindy said...

What super cool pictures!!! I love them all:-) Also, about the fort thing, most be the new "in" thing to do because Mikayla did the SAME thing to my aunt's fort in Florida. I about had a complete heart attack. Seriously. So I can totally relate! Happy Memorial Day!
Hugs

Tara said...

I LOVE that you guys had such an awesome weekend! Happy B-Day to Big Daddy :) Kemry is such a stitch with her climbing! I love her :)

Mary Ann said...

Great Pictures Kelly! All your kids are so cute! Even your little doggie!

Mary Ann

Debbie said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! She is a climber huh? Heidy is too!! I love all the pictures of all the kids!!!

I think I need the cake recipe, It looks awesome!!!

Debbie

Hannah said...

No advice on your little monkey. I have one too so if you figure it out let me know!! You would be amazed at the places I find Sophia.

The pictures are GREAT! Your children are so beautiful!!

M & J said...

Looks likes you guys had a great weekend!!! What fun!!!

Libby Brady said...

Oh my goodness.. your kids are all adorable, but that little Kemry -- so sweet. Those big brown eyes.. remind me of Sage :)

Heidi said...

Awesome pics as usual! I am in love with Kemry's pigtails. They are so darn cute!

Letitia said...

No advice except to pray, hang on for the ride, close your eyes a lot, and get used to it. And, did I mention pray? Our youngest, Daniella, has been climbing on everything possible, jumping off furniture, and taking some wild rides since the minute she could walk/climb. It's only the grace of God that has kept her in one piece! I have tried and tried to teach her, but some things are just beyond us. : ) Here's a verse to pray. "Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all. He keeps all his bones, not one of them is broken." Psalm 34:19-20. Definitely a prayer for our little Guatemalan fireballs! : )
Letitia
www.homeschoolblogger.com/SandBetweenMyToes/

Ruthanne said...

There are too many pictures!! I don't know where to start!! LOL
Kemry cracks me up--especially since I'm not the one who has to watch her like a hawk. How in the world does she climb like that???
She looks SO big in those pics.
I LOVE the pictures of the 'big kids'. Kollin takes the BEST pictures.

Happy Birthday, John!!!!!

Carla said...

Kelly, I love your latest posts. How do you get your photos so beautiful and vibrant? Maybe it's just your gorgeous children. I love the pics of Kemry's faces. My girls have been asking for that 3-D Chalk. I guess I'll have to look into it since it's so much fun. About the playfort, Sammy had a good idea, and that was to take out the bottom rung in the ladder.

Carla said...

Duh, yes I am a dork. I just read "The rest of the story," and saw the photos of Kollin sawing off the bottom rung. Next time I will read ALL the posts before I post a comment.

Gwen, Jenny, & Mia said...

What a crazy little tot Kemry is! I can't believe she got to the top AGAIN! I love the pics of the kids on the tree branch...who knew it would be so much fun!?!

karaline swinging with Kemry is so sweet!

ellasmommy said...

Holy Moly, Kelly! I can't believe Kemry can or will climb like that! It cracks me up, but probably wouldn't if I were the one scared to death she would fall! LOL All of your photos and all of your kis are gorgeous! Love em' all!

Timberly

Vanessa said...

LOVE the photos, but the one of Bentley is too cute!!
Vanessa
www.mommyslilblessings.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again...your kids are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! And they always look like they are having TONS of fun! You have a happy blog and I love coming to visit!

Steve & Amy said...

Looks like you had a great holiday weekend! I'm going to call Kemry monkey girl from now on. How on earth did she get up there??? I think she needs some gymnastics now:) Love the pictures...they caputre the fun of this holiday!

lovingourtwoguys said...

Ooooh, I could just squeeze Kemry to bits!