Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Chicago day 1

CHICAGO - DAY 1
Ok technically we're on day 4 of our Chicago trip, but it's the first opportunity I have had to get online long enough to update my blog. These kiddos have kept me so busy and with John in meetings most of the day, it's just me. So I think I'm going to start with day 1 and try to catch up that way. lol
Saturday we went to Indiana Dunes and spent the day. SO FUN! Lots of firsts that day. All the kids first time being at a Great Lake and first time being at a "lake beach". They have never been to a sandy shored lake. They LOVED it. They couldn't believe how much it looks like the ocean! It was a great day and I wish we had time to go back before heading home on Friday.






The cup is as big as Kemry! LOL






Walk like a sea gull
Daddy I want to come to you but it's tooooo scary



Always running
skipping rocks



She nearly fell asleep here


The water was way colder than the beaches we go to. LOL


Surfing boy





AND - First time eating CHICAGO STYLE PIZZA!! Yuuuuummy





8 comments:

Kathy said...

Great pics! Glad you survived the drive. Love the picture of all five kids in the grass. And I suddenly have a craving for pizza! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Ruthanne said...

FUN!!! Remind me to never go to the beach with you...I don't want a picture of me in a bathing suit to end up on your blog!! LOL
mmmm.....Chicago style pizza. :)

Amy said...

Great pics! Glad everyone is having a great time, and I, too, suddenly want some pizza!

Heidi said...

You just made my mouth water with that pizza! The lake looks like a blast.

Our Family of 5 said...

Looks like a blast! The kids are adorable as always!

Christina said...

I LOVE the picture of all of them standing in the grass. Hope you guys are having a great time.

Gwen, Jenny, & Mia said...

Wow! I have been to Chicago 3 or 4 times and we haven't done half the things you have! I just checked my blog and got your email, I am sorry I will email you tonight! Love all the pics and the kids look like they are having a great time!

Mary Ann said...

Kelly,
I love all the pictures. You all look like you had so much fun!!!!
Your kids are all just darling!

Mary Ann