Friday, June 06, 2008

FFF

Favorite Foto Friday
Today Sarah chose Messy Spaces as the FFF theme. Well, we had to choose a different theme, not because we don't have messy spaces, but because I have gone out of my way to never photograph our messy spaces. Therefore, I had none to post. So here is where we go to avoid cleaning our messy spaces. The lake! This is what we did last weekend when I had "clean out the garage" on our to do list for the day. Guess what? The garage still needs to be cleaned out. It's on this weekend's list again. We'll see if we head to the lake again. ha ha

Our kids are fishing fanatics!


My MIL helping Karson

Karaline discovering it isn't as easy to fish with her cast

but quickly getting the hang of it


Karly, always trying what no one else will try






Kemry LOVES the lake. She kept pointing at the fish and growling. We've gotta work on some fishy sounds. lol



Kollin's first fish of the day
Everyone wants to be with Daddy


It's almost cute!
Kollin catches them, Karly get them off the hook for him. lol That's my tomboy

Before I knew it, my MIL had Kemry in the lake (and she was not dressed to swim!)

Karson's a fishing king! He caught 11 just in a couple hours.
That cast doesn't slow her down!


about to hop in with Kemry



Karly was the first in of course



My two big girls
My two big boys


So then we walked over to the other dock where they have a little store and lots of carp to feed. The kids love feeding those icky things. This was Kemry's first time seeing them.

THIS is what it looked like up close. There was no water for the fish!


Well, guess who fell IN these icky creatures???? KEMRY! John had his hand on her before she even got all the way in (and she had a life jacket), but I freaked out anyway!!!! Kemry, however, came up laughing! She loved it! Her hair dried GORGEOUS after that too. LOL I dont even want to think of the reasons why. lol


Right after she came up....we bought her ice cream thinking she was traumatized. It was ME who was traumatized, not Kemry. lol

Back to fishing on our dock. Kemry, meet Mr. Fishy. see her reaching for it? That thing was opening its mouth huge,most kids would have been afraid of it. She isn't afraid of anything.

Look how pretty your hair dries after taking a dive with a bunch of carp (I can barely type that without getting weemie jeemies).

I love how Kollin is so loving and considerate of Kemry. Kemry was getting into all his stuff here.


post signature

20 comments:

Steve & Amy said...

Kelly,
I'd be heading to the lake too instead of cleaning the garage:) I just love all of the fishing pictures. Steve is a big fisherman and hopes that it rubs off on at least one of the kids:) I think you should bottle the water by the capr up and use it as hair conditioner for Kemry:) We'll call it Fish heads:) Looks like you had a ton of fun and hope that you can spend many days there this summer!

Amy said...

Great photos and looks like you have way more fun at the lake than you would have cleaning out an icky garage! Like you said, there is always next weekend!

Robyn said...

What great pics!! Going to the lake is much more fun than cleaning out a garage!! I'm always finding things I'd rather do than clean. I guess that's why my house is a disaster. :)

Roby

Tracy'sspace said...

Looks like you had an amazing time! Great pictures

Leslie said...

What fun! Great picture..Cuties!

Amanda said...

Great pictures! Cleaning the garage is on our list too. It drives me nuts and it's long over due. We'll see if we get to it. LOL

Kerri said...

So not a lake person here but the image of Kemry falling in is just cracking me up.
Kerri and Ruby

Gwen, Jenny, & Mia said...

That sounds like a lot more fun than cleaning the garage! Love the lake pics, but oh my, Kemry falling into the icky carp...YUCK! I love all animals and don't wish anything bad on the carp, but your sweet Kemry should never be in the same water as those yucky things! All the kids look like they had a great time!

Heidi said...

Ok, now that just looks like a ton of fun!!! We love fishing too. I am so jealous of your photography skills.

Marianne said...

You can always clean but creating special memories is priceless. Thanks for sharing your fun.....you have a beautiful family.

Ruthanne said...

I can't believe how long Kemry's hair is!! They say fish oil is good for the hair and skin--guess they're right! lol

That day looks WAY more fun than cleaning out the garage. Save that one for a rainy day. :)

Kathy said...

Great pictures! Fishing looks like a lot of fun! Ewww, falling into the carp, but Kemry's hair does look beautiful! That picture of her on the dock is precious. All your children are beautiful.

Our Family of 5 said...

OH MY WORD I got the heebie jeebies just looking at Kemry all wet=) Glad you guys have a good place to go to so you can get out of things like cleaning the garage! Maybe I should try that. Have a good weekend!

Kate said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun!! I love how all the pictures tell a story:)

samantha- mama to julian said...

oh my how ugh! i would be having nightmares about my baby falling into the fish soup. although, you wouldn't catch me fishing in the first place. i'll stick to whole foods, thanks. ;)

everyone looks like they're having so much fun! send some summer our way, wouldya?

Maria and Jose Flores(Boston) said...

Sounds like fun at the lake! If we had a lake close by I would head there first before cleaning the mess! Nice pictures!
the flores family(Maria)

M & J said...

Aww the lake life!!! We went this weekend too!!! Jaden loved it!!

We just have a run-about now but my in-laws used to have a house boat and we loved the dock life. The kids on the dock were always fishing and having a great time! Maybe now that Jaden is here my in-laws would get back into it again?!?! HeHe!!!

Enjoy!!!

Kristin & Greg said...

How fun it looks to be at the lake!!!! Your kiddos are ADORABLE!! I really enjoyed your pics--thanks for sharing!

Many blessings,
Kristin

Dewey & Stacey said...

I would take the lake any day over the garage!! These pics are great!!, It looks like you had so much fun!! And I would have FREAKED if my baby fell in with the carp. I think its a mom thing and the fact that carp are just gross. Kemry looks like she was no worse for the dunk.
Have a great week!
Stacey

Carla said...

How cool that your kids love to fish. I can't tell you how many times we've been to the lake, but not to fish. Fishing with my dad are some of the best childhood memories I have. That's funny about Kemry falling in and you getting traumatized by it. At the lake we go to, we have those carp too. My kids love to put bread in between their toes, hand them off the pier and into the water, and have the fish get the bread out. Pretty gross to me.