Saturday, December 06, 2008


I am asking with the heaviest heart for prayers for a very very special family. My dear friend Carla is well known in the blogging/adoption world mainly because she is always there when others need her or needs her prayers. She is one of the most compassionate people I have ever had the pleasure to know. It isn't uncommon for Carla to lie awake all night praying for an orphan that needs a home. A child she has never met. Her passion and unlimited love for orphans is truly straight from God's own heart. The kindness doesn't end with Carla. We have had the pleasure of getting to know her daughters as well as they are penpals with my daughters. They are truly just a very special family.
***

She was preparing to bring Josi home from Guatemala very soon (bringing her family to 6 children). She had just completed PGN, had her birth new certificate, and had received word that it should only be about 3 weeks and possibly that she would be home for Christmas. What a dream come true (as this adoption has already taken a year from the referral). On Friday night, they got the call that no parent should EVER get. Josi had been murdered in a home invasion. NO family should ever have to go through this, and definitely NO child should ever have to go through this. All of you who know Carla know that she is always the first person to post asking for prayers for other adoptive families on her blog. She's the ringleader in cheering these children home or well. I am so sad that she is in the position now to need it from us.
***

I know Carla knows Josi has now gone to the best home, far better than any of us could provide. She never has to worry about being afraid or insecure again. She doesn't have to learn a new language or go to the doctor for all her "post adoption tests" or adjust and bond with a new family. She doesn't have to "catch up" in school. She is with the GREATEST adoptive father the world has ever known. Now instead of the Azhderians waiting for Josi to join their home, Josi gets to wait on her family to join her, in her home.
***

Please join me in praying for the Azhderian family. Please pray for everyone involved in this. If you would like to leave a comment of encouraging words, their blog is http://www.azhderianfamily.blogspot.com/

post signature

9 comments:

Our Family of 5 said...

Well said Kelly. Many prayers!

Mary Ann said...

I am devistated right now!! I am praying for their sweet family! I just posted a prayer request on my blog.

Our Family of 5 said...

It sure isn't right Kelly. Do you feel as helpless as I do?

Kelly said...

Lisa, YES! I feel I need to know more in order to understand yet I feel like I already know too much and don't think I can handle anymore, ya know?

Jill said...

Oh Kelly, I went to their blog and left a message for them.

I will be praying for them, the orphanage staff, the children there who saw things no child should see, her birth mother and any family that is affected by this horrific event.

Thank you for letting us know on the Ethiopia group. I know there are several families who have also adopted from Guatemala that will want to know so they can pray for their family too!

I understand you can't wrap your mind around this. God knows that too. He only asks us to trust in His perfect and pure plans for Josi' life and to know she is with Him now. This is where our faith must be lived out - not to question why but to say Thank You Lord that You knew what was best for Josi. The word says to count it all joy. And knowing she is with Him brings me great joy. Because she is in a much better place than all of us. I long for the day for heaven and not see the things like this ever again. I'm very tired of what this world has to offer. The more I fall in love with Jesus, the less comfortable I am being in this world and long to be at home with Him.

Big hugs sweet friend and sister!
Love,
Jill

Debbie said...

I had read Jill's blog earlier about little Josi's death but hadn't realized she'd been murdered. That's too horrible for words! My heart goes out to this family that wanted to adopt her. And yes, I will be praying. No one should have to receive a phone call like that.

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

May the comfort of knowing she is in her heavenly home comfort them at this time. Prayers said and will continue to lift them up!

Daphne said...

Praying for them...

Lori :) said...

I have tears in my eyes right now and my heart is heavy. I can't even imagine their grief. I just finished reading the book "The Shack" and I'm glad I did - especially when trying to make sense of things like this.
All the "if only's" and "What if's" . . . If only they had gotten through PGN a little quicker . . . if only it hadn't taken a year . . .
There is no use in focusing on the "if only's" - or "why" . . .but to focus on "what". What will God do through this? What comes next? What can I do to help this family? . . .
My heart is aching for them!!!

Thanks for sharing. I will pass it on to my adoption ministry group!

Blessings
Lori :)