Friday, January 16, 2009

THANK YOU for the prayers

We cannot thank you enough for all the support and prayers we have received since we announced our adoption! God is so good and is continuing to bless us in the most unexpected ways. We have experienced a few people that aren't quite as supportive mostly because they don't understand. And that's ok. God has called all of us to care for orphans and widows (James 1:27), but He doesn't call all of us to care for orphans through adoption. And, again, that's ok. He gives each one of us our own unique path in this life. Whatever He calls us to do will become such a deep, soul-piercing passion, we cannot ignore it. If He doesn't call us to do something, we won't feel those same feelings. Those that don't understand why we would adopt another child or an older child don't understand why it's so important because they aren't being called down our journey. They aren't feeling the strong desire to obey God in this specific way. Wouldn't this be a boring world if we were all called to do the same thing?


We are so excited to share that we received our COURT DATE on Thursday!!!!!!!!! Our case will be heard in court on MARCH 23! It is a little later than we expected, but we are so thrilled to have a date to be anticipating! :) IF we pass on the first attempt, we should travel 4-6 weeks later to bring B home!!!! :)


We have been quite busy the last few weeks. We are just finishing up our indoor soccer season. We had 3 playing on 3 different teams. John coached 2 of their teams. It was Karson's first time playing soccer (for a team).


Kemry and I got to spend a LOT of time hanging out on the sidelines. :) She seemed to enjoy most of it. :)
Kollin marched in the parade and performed in a Christmas concert.
We went to a Lady Vols basketball game and sat 2 rows from the floor. We could hear their trash talk (which I TOTALLY loved ha ha). Here are my messy mouth kids. :)
We had fun at a Christmas party with friends we have made through adoption. :)
And we have spent many hours at the studio and theater rehearsing for the ballet, Prince Caspian (Karly has, not me...ha ha).
Almost completely in costume....there are still a few to finish up.
And of course part of every day routine is finding Kemry climbing where she isn't supposed to be climbing. :)


post signature

22 comments:

Kerri said...

First, CONGRATS on the court date!!! Fingers and toes are crossed that you'll pass on the first try!
I was at a high school bball game last night and talking to a friend and telling her you'd been to a Lady Vols game. Wish I was there to go with you.
Looks like lots of other fun stuff going on. Love the pics, especially Kemry. It reminds me that Ruby's not the only one who tries to do everything she's not supposed to. ;0)

JuJu - said...

The love of Jesus in your words - it just makes me respect and love you more Kel -
you are such a beautiful Christ like example to us all.
You are chosing to respond in love - we can all learn from that.

I am praying for your journey to bring your sweet child home and I applaud your faith:) We have to cheer each other on in the race:)
I am so thankful for families like yours - unashamed to openly talk about our God:)

You just keep following the path that God placed YOUR family on - and know you have a multitude of people that are learning from you and praying you forward:)

love and hugs to a precious family:)

Kathy said...

Congratulations on your court date!!! March 23rd will be here in no time and I hope and pray you pass on the first attempt. Can't wait to see your little boy join your family!

Samantha- Mama to Julian said...

wow, a court date! you and your family must be so excited. i love the look on kemry's face on the stairs. little mischief maker you've got there, eh?

love to you and your family and thoughts and prayers for a great transition with your new little darling.

Ruthanne said...

oh my gosh!! The 23rd will be here before you know it and you'll be telling us that you're not ready and need more time. LOL
Love the pictures--not sure I'm ready to be a soccer mom but you guys make it look fun. :)

Laurie said...

I'm so excited you have a court date! I know you will be traveling soon after that! I just feel it in my heart! Aren't we so blessed tht God has called us to serve the orphans as their mamas! It is definitely a life changing experience more than just becoming a parent!

pureheaven said...

I just wanted to congratulate you and your family on your newest family member. How exciting. I came across your blog after we adopted our daughter from Guatemala. Adoption is such a blessing. We have friends that have been waiting for a referral from Ethiopia and are praying they will hear good news soon. God bless.

Susan

Mary Ann said...

I am sooo excited that you have your court date now! I am praying that you will pass the first time so you can go and get your sweet little boy!

Mary Ann said...

BTW... Great pictures!Looks like how busy our crew is! But we love every minute of it! Right!?!

Lori :) said...

Just thought of you guys today. I found an old KAS newsletter under a chair in my bedroom. It was welcoming home - who else - but little Kemry! :)
I am so thrilled that you have a court date! Can't wait to hear when you are on your way to pick him up. I will be praying for you (and the kids and B)!

Blessings!

Upstatemomof3 said...

Congrats on the court date. I am saying prayers for you to pass on the first go through. I cannot wait to see pictures of your little one with your family. Who, by the way, is gorgeous!

Jillienne said...

Congrats on your court date! We just recieved ours for March 25! This will bring us up to 6 kiddos also!

Rachel said...

Congrats on the Court Date!!! We will continue to pray...

Easties and Co. said...

Yay on the court date! I really hope it passes the first time!!!! Kelly, you are a very busy mama girlfriend. I loved all the pics...soccer, ballet, Kemry climbing. She is so dang cute as are all of your children. You guys are coming down this month for the ET gathering right? Can't wait to see you guys if you can come!
Theresa

julie said...

Yeah, for the court date! I loved looking at all of your pictures. Your kids are really cute!

Stacey and Dewey said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm simply thrilled for your family!!! And big step with the court date. Keep us all posted, you'll be in my prayers that all goes well.
I'm so excited for you!!
Hugs
Stacey

Candy said...

Hey girly I have been meaning for months to call you...Congrats on the court date and EMAIL ME PICTURES I am dying to see him and I want to know what agency you went with????

Tara said...

I hope that 3/23 comes quicker than we can imagine! I am so excited for you Kelly! Your family is amazing and I am proud to be your friend :)

Faith, Family, Future said...

So happy to hear that you have the court date. We will be praying for that to go well and for you all to be on your way to pick him up soon after.

I understand what you are talking about and applaud your loving way of responding to people who do not understand. You are so right in that we are not all called to do the same things....Praise the Lord!!!

Just know that there are others who truly understand your heart, passion, and desire to follow the Lord wherever He leads you.

Much love,
Tammy

Faith, Family, Future said...

PS- If you are ever at a UT game again, let me know and maybe we can meet up!!!

Tammy

Steve & Amy said...

Hurray on your court date!!!! Praying that all goes well and that B comes home soon! What a Mother's Day you will have this year! You family activities look so fun! and Karly look so graceful! (Does she get to do her part en pointe??) The last picture of Kemry ...priceless!!!

Mindy said...

Just catching up and didn't know this awesome info! Another adoption!!! I am so, so happy for all of you and your story was just so precious...I cried. I am glad that things are progressing and I can't wait to see the excitement of when you get to go and bring him home. How wonderful!
Many Hugs