Sunday, March 22, 2009

Praises and Prayers


We have had such an eventful weekend so far and it isn't over yet! Friday night Kemry became very sick and I had to take her to the ER. She had "junky lungs" and an ear infection. She got some very strong antibiotics and almost immediately made a huge turn around! That's our first praise!

Our second praise is soccer season has officially started and it's going well! We had 6 soccer practices in less than 24 hrs and all went very well! John is coaching Kollin and Karaline's teams and a friend of ours is coaching Karson's team. Also, Kollin was invited to participate on a more advanced soccer team in addition to the team John is coaching. We're very proud of him! We're excited about getting started!

Another praise was Karly made the cheer squad at the middle school!!! This was totally unexpected because it was a very difficult thing to make. There were 34 girls trying out and only 9 new spots. They hired UCA cheer judges to judge so there would be no favoritism and the try outs were really tough with high expectations. We were so proud of her during the week of tryouts when she stuck to her morals and maintained modesty in choosing the clothes she would wear for practice and just as proud when we saw on Saturday morning she had made the team!


Our biggest prayer request right now is for our court date which occurs tonight while we sleep (or while I lie awake unable to sleep ha ha). The Ethiopian courts are open from approximately 2amEST - 10amEST. We are asking for prayers that our paperwork satisfies the judge and all things fall into place. If we pass court, we will most likely travel the 3rd week of April.


Another request I want to ask is that everyone pray for us regarding travel. John must stay home with the kids. It was far too difficult for them while we were in Guatemala. Their schedules are too much to ask family to take care of if we are both away and they are all strict routine loving kids. It is too hard for them to be out of routine. My brother had been planning to travel with me, but I am concerned that he isn't going to be able to go. Please pray that if he doesn't go, I either manage on my own (seriously I am not good navigating my way around places) or someone else is willing to go with me on such short notice.





post signature

8 comments:

Scott said...

You did a great job!

Praising God with you and praying you right through court tomorrow with a HUGE PASS!

Love,
Jill

Tara said...

Ahhhhh!!!! I am praying so hard for your court date!!! You are a digi scrapbooking goddess! :)

Kerri said...

Yay for all the good stuff!!!
Sending happy, court passing thoughts your way. Travel will work out. It will.

Jillian and Crew said...

Praying for a FIRST try PASSING in court...

Spence and Lori said...

Sure hope all goes well tonight and you're on a plane in a few weeks. We can't wait to meet your newest addition!!

Mary Ann said...

I am praying for you all girl!!! You know I am rooting for you!!!!
I am praying that the Lord will show mercy and the courts will pass you all today!!!!!!! So that little B can come home to his family!

Sarah said...

Congratulations on all the wonderful things that are happening! I am sure your court date will be following in that path! Prayers for you and your family, Kelly!

Eastiopians said...

I have some catching up to do on your blog....

1) I hope Kemry is all better by now! Poor babe.

2) Wow for Kollin...advanced soccer team! That is great!

3) Go Karly!!! Only 9 girls picked out of 34! What an accomplishment!

4) I really hope someone can travel with you! I'll keep you in my prayers.

Theresa