Monday, June 08, 2009

summer fun

SUMMER FUN
We are having a blast so far this summer. Lots of swimming, basketball camp, cheerleading camp, football camp, vacation Bible school, playing with neighbors. Kolton takes it all in stride. He is doing so well, it's AMAZING! He has been home 6 weeks and understands nearly everything we say. He can also get us to understand him most of the time as well. Both Karson and Kolton learned to ride a two-wheeled bike on Friday night. Kolton has had several crashes, but Mr. Caution (aka Karson) hasn't had any yet. Also Friday night, Kolton caught his first firefly! He was in awe! That is such an amazing thing to experience through the eyes of a child for the first time.


Slip-n-sliding at the neighbor's house - making the slide slicker with dish soap


Last day of school....Karaline, Karson, and Kolton will be homeschooled next year. We are SO excited, but our last day at school was so bittersweet. We love our school and all the wonderful people there.

Karaline and her friend (and our neighbor) on the last day of 3rd grade Karson, Kolton, and their friend (and our neighbor) on the last day of Kindergarten.

Our spring soccer season is over too. John coached Karaline's team to 2nd place in tournaments and Kollin & Karly's team to tournament champs! It was so much fun! Here are the kids at the soccer park for Karaline's game.


My brother-in-law with a little stinker on his back :)


The first 3 or 4 weeks home, this is about all the kids did (and yes Karson has twine tied around his waist...don't ask me why. Maybe the Friar Tuck look is back?)

It quickly turns into this (keep in mind this is during a soccer game that is going on just a few feet from them wrestling on the ground)

Which leads mommy to do this (time out). lol
Of course it doesn't last long and they get out of timeout and have their smiles back too. Of course my brother-in-law wastes no time getting them all riled up as soon as they are out of timeout.

post signature

8 comments:

Vanessa said...

The rough and tough love of brothers!!! It's so great to see your little man home and loving life!!

Martin and Kendell said...

Oh, I just love seeing pictures of your beautiful children! That is awesome to see Kolton on the slip n' slide...looks like he LOVED it! :)

Kendell

Kerri said...

Glad things are going so well. It's amazing how fast these big kids learn and I have to say, watching Medina experience firsts is so much more fun than with Ruby because Medina really gets how neats some of these firsts are.

Beckie said...

What some great memories you are making this summer! Can I join your family????

On a side note, I'd love to be able to actually talk to you about your adoption process in Ethiopia. We are starting and I'm weighing and measuring some different things that would help to hear from someone who has "been there, done that."

Thanks!
Beckie

Dena said...

Looks like it's going to be a fun summer!
And always a party! We are making a "birthday cake" right now because we went to the pool and of course that means there's a party!

Malia'sMama said...

How long was your son at Hope? I ask b/c he looks ULTRA familiar and if he was there in March-May 2007, I think I saw him/played with him and might even have pics.

julie said...

Your boys are all so handsome. Sounds like all is going well.

I homeschooled my 4 and 7th grade children last year for the first time. We loved it! I am homeschooling my kindergartner, 5th grader, 8th grader and 10th grader next year. Hopefully our two children waiting in Ethiopia will also join us soon. Some times it scares me, but overall, I am so happy we made the switch. I think you will really like it. I think it is much easier for the larger family.

Blessings,
Julie

Mary Ann said...

Hey twin! Hope you all are having a great summer!Looks like you all are off to a grat start! Love allthe happy pictures! Hope you stop by my blog and say hi real soon! BTW... We want an update soon! ;0)