Monday, July 27, 2009

Summer fun 2

SUMMER FUN part 2
We are continuing to settle in very well with Kolton Behailu! It's amazing to me how fast he is learning English and adjusting to his new life. He is starting to open up and tell me a lot about his past which is a great sign of bonding. He is experiencing so many firsts and loving them all. We have had a busy summer (hence the no posting). We have been to the beach and to Chicago this summer. The trip to Chicago (I'll post pictures in the next post) was great because we got to meet up with some friends half way in Indy and then Kolton's best friends from Ethiopia in Chicago. That was like a breath of fresh air to see those kids together again. They have such an amazing bond. While we were in Chicago though I had to take Karly to the ER (and I now have a fav new hospital - Good Samaritan). She was SO SO sick. They took very good care of her and the end result was pneumonia and SWINE FLU! Anyway more about Chicago later. Here are some pictures of the beach and the week or two before the beach.
Shelling crabs
Kemry and my nephew...I thought this was so precious
Karson and my nephew, Alex
Karly's tshirt says "Nature Needs You" and she is about to eat this crab. lol
Lizard girl and her friend
morning puffy eyes

Kolton with white gloves lol

The whole fam including scowling Kemry LOL
Karaline
Kollin holding a jellyfish ever so small
Kollin burying his dad
and someone gave him boobs lol I think he needs a new plastic surgeon
Karson
Kemry drinks-a-lot
So excited he doesn't know what to do....except a handstand
Me and my sisters - Kayla (the baby), me (the old one), and Kasey (the middle child). Our brother didn't get to come :(
Brothers





Karaline is such a die-hard fisherman (errr um fishergirl) she sat out in the pouring rain all day on the rainy day we had.
Kolton loves fishing too
Kemry didn't sleep so well out of routine but when she crashed, she crashed hard. Hotdog and juice in hand
The kayak was a HUGE hit!
forever hunting for critters
Karly became pretty good at it
July 4 in Mobile, AL
We loved the canoe too


Kemry and my nephew
kissing cousins
Karly skimboarding
my 3 babies
The Cash Crew
The Cash Crew + Alex :) All my parents' grandchildren

Ft Gaines

She's so hard-core








Dauphin Island Sea Lab
SISTERS
BROTHERS Karly who's growing up way too fast



post signature

12 comments:

Paula said...

Beautiful pictures, beautiful family!

Eastiopians said...

Wow! You guys are SUCH a good looking family and the pictures are amazing! What a treat!..Thank you so much for sharing. I was all smiles looking at your post today. It makes me so excited to be growing our family. :)

Theresa

Kerri said...

Love all the pics!!! Glad your sweet boy continues to adjust so well. :-)

Scott said...

Kelly,

That was an awesome update post.

I love the photos - so many good ones!

Kolton looks like he has been home forever. So glad to hear he is doing so well with his English!

Blessings and love,
Jill
www.forevernevernalways1.blogspot.com

Ruthanne said...

You know there's NO WAY I could choose a favorite from all those pics. I love them ALL. I'm so mad that I missed your beautiful family and SO happy that we weren't exposed to swine flu. Oink. ;)

Jillian and Crew said...

LOVE thos pics!! Beautiful family...

We will be in Gville around Sept 10-15th or so, hopw you guys will eb in town, will let you know when the dates get firmed up.

Jillian

Leah Reeves said...

Wow.....Great Pictures! really great! and it looks like great fun.

Lori :) said...

Great pics as usual! I love seeing how big your kiddos are getting! I want to know though . . . what do you bribe your kids with to get them to all pose together for a pic? :) I seem to always been missing a kid or two in my pics. :)
My favorite pic is Kolton with his "white hands"! :) So cute!
Lori :)

GuateMom said...

Kelly, all of the pics were great. What a fun summer you have had. I love all the different group shots of your beautiful kids (even the scowling Kemry).

blessedbigtime said...

Enjoyed reading your blog. I'm not sure how you do it..we are waiting on number 3 and I was a little worried..you gave me hope! LOL came across your blog on one of the groups!
diana

cesbloom said...

Great pictures of the whole gang! Sheri

Mandy Froehlich said...

I could look at your pictures for hours Kelly! They are all wonderful and everyone looks beautiful in them!