Saturday, August 22, 2009

NOMAD Week

NOMAD WEEK
This week we were studying nomads in history and had so much fun with it. We went on a nature hunt for things that the nomads may have used as paints for their cave paintings. Then we made cave paintings. We also made game bags just like the nomads carried and a hut they would have slept in (we cheated on this one). Then on Friday night the kids slept outside under the stars with daddy just like the nomads would have done. About 3am they burst in the back door soaking wet after a downpour. LOL Karson decided that nomads didn't move place to place looking for food. They moved place to place avoiding rain and thunderstorms.






Last weekend we also had a cookout with neighbors and a marshmallow roast. It was a lot of fun!


Kemry and the neighbor's daughter - this picture cracks me up! Are they twins or what?


Oh dear, what are we going to do with all her sass???? Her hitting 12.5 has been such a huge change for us.

Our sweet neighbor helping Kemry with her marshmallow

We also hit the pool again....Kolton showing me his wrinkled toes. Karly playing with our friend's new puppy.
This goes on NONSTOP
Then there's always a retaliation
ROFL




blowing up a beach ball...those EYES







John and the kids hit a baseball game. While I normally love this, mama needed a break so I stayed home with the other kids.
Playing outside after our school work is all finished












post signature


7 comments:

Hannah said...

You guys are SO cool! Don't let Dmitry see this...he is still waiting for me to break out the fun parts for Home school. I keep saying it's the first week and then you go and make me look BAD!!

It looks like a really cool way to study history :)

Our Family of 5 said...

Kelly,
You never cease to amaze me. I love all the pictures and catching up with the Cash Crew!!

Eastiopians said...

Wow! Look at Kolton on his skateboard...such a cool kid! I love all the wheels at your house. Summer is a great time, isn't it. Love your posts.

Carissa said...

Don't you just love homeschooling?? :)
We met in your Sunday School class last month. I am still blown away by the "chance" meeting of another adoptive family, esp. from Africa.
Many blessings :)

Ruthanne said...

There are too many pictures in this post!! I don't even know where to begin commenting. lol You know that I think you're an extraordinary mom and teacher....these pics just prove it all over again.

MoonNStarMommy said...

Gosh the kids have gotten so big and Kollin's HAIR!!! WOW!! LOL.. you are much more together then I am right now! LOL

The Andersons said...

You are seriously the coolest homeschool mom ever. I'm so impressed - projects, camping, and bugs!