Monday, February 07, 2011

Kerrigan is 3 Weeks Old!


Kerrigan is 3 weeks old already! It's amazing to me how 3 weeks feels like months when you're pregnant but flies by after the baby is born. She really is doing great! She has her fussy moments and has been battling a TERRIBLE diaper rash since she was born, but she is gaining weight so fast (2lb in her first 10 days). We are so incredibly in cloud 9 with a newborn in the house. This is truly what God means being blessed by Him. None of the hard stuff (tstitches, postpartum leftover weight, sleepless nights, 15 diapers a day, etc) matter at all.
Our other kids are all in love with her as well. I am not kidding when I say this child hasn't spent more than an hour of her life outside of someone's arms...total! I'm just as guilty as everyone else. I don't feel like she should ever be put down. :) I have learned by now that they grow up WAY too fast and cannot be spoiled! :)

As regular schedules resume around here and I adjust to doing my normal "stuff" with a newborn in tow (WOW I had forgotten how much extra time this involves), I am realizing more and more how two things are VITAL to a mom of many...a wonderful husband and our amazing God. I have no idea how women with a less than supportive husband or without faith in God do this.
I'm trying to figure out how to post my birth story (which was a DREAM birth for me), but blogger won't let me cut/paste. I'll figure out a way, somehow. :) I know not everyone is into that kinda thing, but I always love reading birth stories and wanted to share mine for others who do. :)

post signature

2 comments:

Paula said...

She is such a beautiful and sweet addition to your family. I love, love, love newborns.

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Totally believe in spoiling and holding children as much as possible before they want to crawl away. It goes too quickly!