Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Our Give1Save1 Total

THANK YOU

just isn't adequate.  It feels like watered down koolaid to even say those two words because what we feel in our hearts is so much MORE powerful than just a simple "THANK YOU."

I'll be honest, I didn't even know how much we needed for our adoption before this fundraiser started.  I'm NOT a numbers person.  You can tell me the same number 20 times and I'll still repeat it back to you completely wrong.  If I ever give you a stat or a price or anything to do with numbers, don't believe me for a second! lol It isn't that I am trying to lie, I just have a total mental block when it comes to numbers.  I have come up with at least 20 different "rough guesses" when people ask us how much our adoption will cost and how much we lack.  I just knew we needed a LOT.

When Beth from Give1Save1 approached me asking if we wanted to be featured on Give1Save1 I thought, "SURE! that sounds FUN!"  I had seen the site because my awesome friend Ruthanne, who is fundraising for her Haitian adoption of crazy adorable Manno, had been talking about it, but I hadn't even thought about applying to be featured yet.  Mainly because we just haven't had time with the paper chasing.  But God knew...it was all part of His plan.  He used our precious girl in Ethiopia to warm Beth's heart and then Beth to come find us and offer us a spot.

So as the donations started coming in through our Give1Save1 fundraiser, we were FLOORED at the generosity of people from the $1 donations to the $1000+ donations.  We still had no idea what God had planned.  When I went to bed on Sunday night at 11:30, I was tempted to go ahead and post the final total on FB and the blog, but I just decided to wait.  I went to bed and prayed again for everyone who gave and shared our video and thanked God for them.  I woke up Monday morning and there was an additional couple thousand donated than had been the night before.  We were completely and TOTALLY amazed.  That's more than we raised on any one day all week.  That wasn't even the MOST amazing part......

After our initial SHOCK and complete THANKSGIVING to God, John and I discussed our total.  He mentioned that we should be "close to" what we needed for our dossier fees, the remaining fees we need for the agency.  We immediately went to our online banking and checked our adoption account, added it to the final amount from Give1Save1, and it totaled the EXACT AMOUNT WE OWE FOR OUR DOSSIER!  Down to the dollar.  Neither of us knew exactly how much we still needed, but God did.  I immediately emailed the person who made the final donation that put us at the exact amount.  She shared with me how she and her husband had sat down to donate Sunday night.  She said it was very God prompted and when they looked at each other to say "how much" both had the exact same amount in mind without even talking about it.  CHILLS!  They truly had no way of knowing how much we had already in savings or how much we had through Give1Save1 the last day or so (because we hadn't updated) or what we still owed the agency.  God knew.  He knew exactly how much paypal would take for their fees out of each donation.  He orchestrated every donation to be just enough, after paypal fees, to add to the amount we already had in adoption savings to total, DOWN TO THE DOLLAR what we owed for our dossier fees.  He used each and every person who donated...every. single.dollar...each person who shared it so someone else would donate...EACH OF YOU to make this happen.  If even one person, even those who donated $1, hadn't donated, or if anyone had donated even a dollar more, we couldn't say God planned this down to the last dollar. :)

All along, He had this.  I didn't, although I thought I did.  I thought this was all about how hard we worked, how much we shared our video, the song we used for our video, or how cute our kids acted for the video.  It wasn't at all...He had it all along.  Sooooooo I know everyone wants to know the end total.  I wanted to reveal it in a video, but frankly, my kids are so over videoing. They are willing, all except Kerrigan who screams every time I start to video her now (LOL), but aren't putting on the best show that I'd like to share. hee hee  I'll keep trying but I don't want to make you all wait any longer.

Our total from our Give1Save1 Week is..................



And you can believe this number because John double checked. HAHA

We feel so incredibly blessed beyond words.  We know this wasn't because of anything we did to deserve it.  It's all because of God.  This whole adoption from the time we first knew about them until this very second has had HIS hand prints all over it.  We went into this adoption without a penny set aside specifically for the adoption.  Through God, we only need to now come up with travel fees for the first trip.  That's it.  The 2nd trip is paid for, the fees for the agency are all paid for.  All because of God.  When people say, "I wish I could afford to adopt" or "I would adopt if it weren't so expensive" I want to say LOOK AT US! :)  It's possible.  I am the biggest doubter of all.  I worry.  I fret.  I analyze.  I weigh pros and cons.  And when I put my faith in my own ability, I have a darn good reason to fret, worry, doubt, and run from what God is calling me to.  It isn't easy for me to let go and just trust that God has this.  At my most faithless times, He does something like this.  He shows me I had no reason to stress at all.  Then I feel silly for ever doubting such a Mighty God in the first place.

So we still have to come up with fees to travel for our first trip, but ya know what?  I'm not one bit worried.

THANK YOU ALL again and again and again and again.
post signature

12 comments:

Kendra said...

I cried reading this. What a wonderful God we have. I love when He does things like this to remind us He is in total control! I will continue to pray for you guys.

Beth Cupitt said...

SO amazing!

Tonya Garrick said...

I love it! So awesome!!

Michele said...

He is so good. I love it when He shows us his fingerprints all over our adoption and lives.

Michele ~ growingthebards.blogspot.com

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

WAHOOO!!!!!!!!!! PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOD IS SOOO AMAZING!!!!!!!!

Britany Krause said...

Beautiful!! Praise be to the almighty provider, Jehovah Jireh!!

Carla said...

Oh Kelly, I am truly amazed!!! I love how God does these things on purpose just to show us He's had it all along. Why is it so hard to just trust Him...

Paula said...

God is indeed good. :)

Jen said...

very awesome! Praise God!

Sharon said...

Love this!

Ruthanne said...

I believe you were the one who told me at the beginning of my current adoption: 'God will provide but it won't be a minute before you need it and not a penny more'. lol I love that we are going through this at the same time and get to compare notes on how BIG God is. :)

Lori :) said...

That is AWESOME!! God is soooo good! Thanks for sharing this amazing testimony of God's great love and provision for you guys! He is a good God - and definitely one to be trusted . . . 100%! :)

Blessings!
Lori :)