Tuesday, January 01, 2013

A Very Cashy Christmas

Even in an attempt to scale back by all, we still ended up completely overdoing Christmas yet again.  Each kid only asks for 1-2 things (depending on the price of what they are asking for) and we draw names with my side of the family but I guess even with each kid getting a couple things in such a bit family, it really adds up.  My kids decided this year that another perk to being in a big family is the sharing each others gifts which multiplies what they got. Lol. This is especially true for the big girls and the little boys.  Knowing this year that they are about to add another teenage girl and preteen boy to the family made them even more excited about this new shared gift revaluation.  Lol.

My pictures this year are terrible.  My camera is being repaired and I am borrowing a friend's.  I am so blessed she is letting me borrow hers because I would be using my phone for pics otherwise. :). However I didn't have time to feel it out really well before the chaos began.  So I just stuck it on auto and flash and decided just to enjoy the moment. :)


We are getting so excited about bringing our kids home soon.  We have a birth family MOWCYA court date for January 15.  Our agency has said we should travel about two weeks later for our court date (and to see the kids) but other agencies have seen people travel a week or less later.  We are praying we travel sometime at the end of January.  Then we will have to leave the kids and return home for 4-9 weeks before we could return and being them home.  My birthday is March 2 and I can't think of a better present. ;). We got a letter from our oldest daughter saying she has prayed and prayed for a big family and God answered her prayers. :). I love those kids so much!  We are getting their rooms ready and I'll post pictures soon. :)


Crazy driver


Decorating Christmas cookies at a friend's house














Christmas Eve at my sister's home















The girls - mom, my sister Kayla, me, and my sister Kasey

The guys - My love John, my daddy, my brother Kellon, my BIL Brad, and my BIL Daniel

The girls again with Machae, Kellon's girlfriend


The littles ready for bed before we head home to wait for Santa













6 heaping dust pan scoops of leftover needles from the tree

No comments: