Monday, January 07, 2013

Mom & Me Journals

I am kind of in love with this concept. My here are times my littles want to tell me something a d I'm in the middle of something else and can't give them my full attention. Or they may not want to share something publicly and can't shake the lingering crowd. Or they may wake up in the middle if the night with a dream they want to tell me before they forget all the details. So we have started Mom & Me Journals. Each of the kids have their own. When they write something for me, they "deliver" it by putting it on my pillow on my bed. Then I read it, write them back, and "deliver" it by putting it on their pillow. They get so excited, too. This has opened the most precious dialog I may have otherwise missed. I love these little glimpses of their hearts.

This isn't ours. Ours are just plain notebooks with this written on the front (an almost mom of 10 has to make compromises lol) but I took these pictures from Pinterest.



2 comments:

DL said...

Love this idea!!

Brenda Larsen said...

I really love this idea. I read about some similar ideas in a book called How to Encourage Your Children: Tools to help you raise Mighty warriors for God by Nancy Campbell. Great stuff.